Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Hedonism

hedonism

noun

[mass noun]
  • the pursuit of pleasure; sensual self-indulgence.
  • Philosophythe ethical theory that pleasure (in the sense of the satisfaction of desires) is the highest good and proper aim of human life

  

   I am now 3 weeks into my final University project and it is all about Hedonism. I've found it quite difficult to get into this project but think I may have finally cracked it and I have a feeling over the next few days I'm going to steam ahead with my ideas.

   One of the things that I am enjoying most about this project is finding out the simple things that people find pleasure in. I think sometimes it is the simple things that provide the most pleasure such as the smell of freshly cut grass, I then found a website that is full of such things. Although I wasted all of yesterday afternoon trawling through the site and ended up not doing any work. I'll post the link but please don't blame me if your work rate dramatically decreases: http://1000awesomethings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment